RSO (Range Safety Officer) certification course
Cost: $200 (pay in the online store)
The following is a short rundown of how the program works and what it entails:
- There is a Home- study package that is sent to all participants (students study at their own time prior to practical portion) electronically (they print-out, study, and bring to the course);
- There is an 8-hours (1 day) practical live-fire portion where the students are taught to safely, efficiently and competently run lines as per Rules & Regulations of the Club;
- Their is a written pass/fail test at the end of the course;
- Student must pass practical and written test in order to graduate
- (This is NOT a " I participate = I graduate" course BUT a pass/fail course)
- RSO Students are evaluated thru-out the course and get feed-back after every relays,
- The RSO-course covers static lines, dynamic lines and dynamic firing points and its respective commands;
- Each student will activly command shooters (as an RSO) at least 3 times and each student will perform as a shooter when not RSO-ing;
- Traditionally the course covers: Handgun ranges, Rifle ranges.
- Hardware requirements: 1 x Handgun, 1 x Rifle.
- No less than 50 rds per platform (gun).
Upon graduation the Range Officers will receive:
- Certificate (Signed by the President & Chief Range Safety Officer of the Club);
- RSO Uniform (1 x Windbreaker jacket, 1 x ball cap, 1 x Toque)